Thursday, March 13, 2014

A couple of layouts

So my blogging once a week has been kind of a fail, but here are a couple of other layouts that I have been working on.

 I LOVE THIS PAGE!  It is just white cardstock and washi tape but it has such punch and focus on the quirmy worm that is my niece who does not look at the camera.  But I love this pic anyway.  I made the feathers by covering the wire with washi tape and then fringing the sides.  I dyed the seam binding ribbon with the same dye ink as the Heidi Swapp star stamps by pressing the stamp pad into the craft mat and adding a little water then smooshing the ribbon into the color.  Now I can have perfectly matched ribbon!  The tiny star glitter is actually clearance nail glitter from Claires.  I got a whole container for 1.00 and it will last me forever.  I love what it adds to pages (I have used it on soooo many pages recently because I love it.  Look for more of it on my pages being published in Canadian Scrapbooker magazine in the summer).  I would even love to frame this page for my wall that is how much I love this page and this little girl!!

This page is a show of my humor and lack of humility!  One day at work I may have had an "Incident" that has never happened before.  I shared the experience with my coworker (and had her laughing til tears were running down her face) and recently she sent me this pin on pinterest.  I just knew I had to use it to document this story.  I was inspired my Wilna Furstenburg from TwoPeasInABucket where she used rub ons and watercolor.  While I loved the way it looked, I also thought it was appropriate and fit the incident.  There is hidden journalling only because it didnt all fit in the corner.  The rubons are really old ones and for some reason I hoard rub ons so I like Wilna's idea of using them all on one page.  I didnt use them all from this sheet, but I definitely put a dent in it!



Hope that these can be inspiring in some way.  I will try to keep adding some new moments and layouts as I can.  Life seems to be so fast paced that I may not get as much posted as I would like.

No comments:

Post a Comment